Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Still Alive!!

Wow!! I know it has been awhile since I posted anything, but the volume of SPAM I was getting was just becoming a major pain! Between 50 to 60 SPAM messages a day, all from people commenting on an older blog entry, and then including a link to their individual websites....none of them got posted, because all comments have to be approved by me. And then of course, I still have my TROLL Mike to deal with----he is such a silly little twit!! Hey Mike, you still out there?? Hope to see you comment so I can exercise my DELETE key!! lolol......... +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Anyway, I left beautiful South Dakota back in late May to return to Illinois. My aging parents needed me here....my 87 y.o. stepfather is in very poor health, and my 92 y.o. mother can't do everything for him anymore. After a 10 day stay in a hospital, the old man is home again, but doing poorly. He only has 1 kidney, and 2 valves leaking at his heart, and retaining fluids...add congestive heart failure, nearly deaf, legally blind, and you got a real mess. I think its just a matter of time now.... +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ I have the STEALTH trailer parked 3 miles outside of town on private property owned by a friend who lives nearby. I am hooked up to power, and have access to fresh water. Not using the solar right now, after losing my panels to a major hail storm this past spring. But I do have 200 watts of new panels/mounts/tilt bars/controller/monitor all waiting to be hooked up. Was hoping to head out to Arizona this winter and hooking up with Bob Wells from cheaprvliving.com to get the install done, but uncertain right now if/when I will be going anywhere! Don't want to get 1800 miles away and then get a phone call telling me I need to come home..... +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Still reading several of fellow traveller blogs and keeping up with where they are at and how they are doing. It amuses me to read about these "modern day NOMADS" camping in their travel trailers/truck campers who claim to be "STEALTH" camping!!! They are not STEALTH camping, they are merely boondocking!! HOW can you be STEALTH camping when you have windows all around your rig?? Pretty obvious when you have a van or a truck camper or a travel trailer parked in a Walmart with windows in it... that in essence---you are boondocking!! I mean, really?? Thats STEALTH?? Get real---you are boondocking, nothing more, nothing less...you have no STEALTH in a rig specifically made for camping! Park your rig in a Walmart or a Lowes or a Kmart lot, and a security guard or a cop is going to KNOW that more than likely you are in there. You are in an RV after all.....DOH!! Thats why you are 100 times more likely to get that dreaded 3am knock on your door, telling you to move on!! On the other hand, I can park my STEALTH trailer in the same lot, and not draw the least amount of attention!! With a ladder rack on top, it looks like just another contractor trailer. Cops don't give it a 2nd look......I can be in there watching tv or a DVD, or sound asleep, and no one has any idea whether anyone is inside or not! How?? IT HAS NO WINDOWS!!!!!! THAT IS STEALTH!!!! Both my STEALTH trailer and my tow rig are kept clean. I don't have an RVIA seal on the side. I don't have a back bumper holding a sewer hose. I don't have a ladder or lawn chairs or a couple of bikes hanging off the back of my rig!! ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Well, thats enough of that for now. Hope everyone is doing well wherever you are! Take care.

1 comment:

  1. Very well said! I have wondered the same thing about this whole "stealth" deal. Most everyone who builds a stealth type rig never uses it for the intended purpose.

    J

    ReplyDelete