Friday, August 12, 2011

Solar power in New Mexico

My solar panels are getting a good workout here in New Mexico!! Parked in full sun, the batteries actually registered 13.5 volts yesterday, use to back in Illinois I was in partial shade and the batts never went over 12.4 volts.....despite the fact that I am hooked up to a 50 amp power source, with a dogbone to my 30 amp line, I am still utilizing my solar......have a multi outlet strip plugged into the inverter, and the tv/sat. dish/cell/laptop/table fan/stereo are all plugged in......also plug in and shave every morning via the solar! Next step will be to hook up the wind turbine just to experiment!! May buy a separate Lifeline AGM battery for the turbine setup. Basically the only reason stay connected to shore power is for the AC unit.....

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately, but will be getting on more often and posting more pics! Need to buy me a better camera with more zoom, to capture close ups of the scenery out here....my pal Pat Bonish at http://www.everymilesamemory.com/ suggested I invest in a new Canon, and I'm looking at them.....Pat KNOWS cameras, and would not steer me wrong!


No comments:

Post a Comment