Saturday, December 8, 2012

Hanging out in Cedar Key.........

Coming up on a week in Cedar Key, well on Monday that is....but having a very relaxing visit! Life here just seems so laid back all the time. But also, the locals all seem to be in a rush, especially the commercial fishermen! They seem to be going full tilt all the time. I see them coming onto the island early of a morning, and they don't seem to go back until 7 or 8 at night......some have real nice boats, some have boats that look as though they are held together with chicken wire!! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- When I first visited Cedar Key back in 2009, I went and checked out a local eatery named Kona Joes Island Cafe. And each time I return to visit, I stop in and see the owners---Joe and Edie.....and I eat here often when in town. This morning, after breakfast, while sitting out on the porch I snapped a few pics of the exterior of Kona Joes.....hope you like!!
If you're thinking its a cool place, well, you're right!! It is!! The outside and inside is decorated with island art and exudes a laid back way of life. And, the foods pretty darned good too! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Later today, headed out to Shell Mound State Park.....more on it along with pics tomorrow! Hope everyone is safe and warm wherever you are!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry I missed your passing through my area in Southern Indiana. Are you staying in the stealth camper or the Suburban? The couple that took over the management of the bar, do they ever say if they miss their fulltiming on the road? I use to read their blog last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve,
    I was going to bring the trailer and get my solar problem resolved, but at last minute cancelled out. I am in the Suburban which did real good on gas coming down---17.6 mpg...and yes, I think the managers miss being on the road full time, but they seem happy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Suburban is a whole different experience and I'm glad you're having so much fun!

    Keep the posts and pictures coming :)

    ReplyDelete