Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The other side of the mountain.....

Ever since I got here outside of Deming, NM have been seeing tractor trailers go by down a dirt road from El Paso Power and BP Solar...then one day they just stopped.......so did some exploring in front of where the dirt road ends, at the base of a mountain...

Had to do some exploring to see where the trucks were going from there, and after 5 hours of walking I found where they were going and what they were doing!! This is the view from the other side of the mountain.....glad I had my camera with me!!

HUGE solar panels, 194 in all, each one on trackers to follow the sun across the sky!! These things are enormous!!! At least 90' by 120' each! These things ave to be producing a lot of electricity, in the middle the desert, exposed to full sun all day long!! Going to have to do some research.....

No comments:

Post a Comment